1.13 – Summary: NATO, Anti-Kavanaugh
- Sound clip argument at NATO
- Trump calling Germany out for buying Russian oil while claiming the need for protection
- The reason for NATO’s existence no longer exists, so why are we still in it?
- Sound clip: Christiane Amanpour calls it unprecedented
- Not saying we’re gonna leave, but we should at least ask
- Trump armed Ukranians which is a bad thing from Putin’s perspective
- Obama wasn’t making much progress on Russia either (Red Notice book mentioned)
- Russia’s bad, but its not good to mess with people that have nukes
- Magnitsky was denied medical treatment, then the guards beat him to death, wanted to make an example of him.
- Novichok is the nerve agent they used to kill ex-spy
- Obama didn’t want to punish those responsible for Magnitsky’s death because he was looking to improve relations with Russia. (They eventually passed the Magnitsky Act)
- Sound clip: How bad Trump’s questioning of NATO is, how it will blow up the alliance, how the money subject is unfair
- The mentality is bad, that they can just free-load on defense.
- Sound clip – Trump talking about how they could increase spending tomorrow if they wanted to
- Trump upending a lot of bi-partisan consensus
- Russia has a large natural gas export to Germany which gives them leverage
- Not just about the money, having skin in the game is important too.
- Makes them think differently about their foreign policy.
- Sound clip – Senator Barrasso says Trump is right that dependency on Russian energy is bad news.
- Black block protesters got an early start protesting German nuclear power
- Left just uses this as a way to attack Trump
- Sound clip – Senator Barrasso Russia will use energy to gain advantage
- Fracking has really put us in a good geopolitical position
- Our economic clout is essential to our position in the world and the left is always trying to undermine that.
- Putin has gotten very lucky by happening to be in power while the Russian middle class has developed.
- Journalists getting the people to see Russia as an enemy instead of an opportunity helps Putin.
- Thanks for Hill.TV support
- Sound clip: Kavanaugh could be the swing vote on whether Trump can pardon himself, as well as fear-mongering about Roe
- Liberalism has entered true hysteria
- Varad Mehta tweet about how environmentalists will not be able to push their stuff through a more conservative Supreme Court.
- Left is ticked because without judicial fiat they will have to actually convince people to agree with them and pass some laws/amendments.
- Whenever they win, it seems like it lasts forever, so it’s better than a law.
- Left cares much more about Roe than about the Constitution
- Also there’s a vested interest in not admitting that what you did or benefited from might not have been morally right
- Left sees government as the moral arbiter, unlike people who are deeply religious
- Sound clip – Schumer on how bad Kavanaugh is
- How exactly has Trump over-reached more than any president in history?
- Is it the enforcing the rule of law part?
- Article Describing Emily Peck Self-ownage
- Opposition is disturbing for its lack of any substence
- Hypocrisy about using personal characteristics to make justices more appealing
- Elite universities are not churning out the candidates they used to.
- Indoctrination is a problem because these people will be making big decisions eventually
- Yale Law students wrote open letter condemning Brett Kavanaugh (article about this)
- Left is replacing rule of law with mob rule.
- No longer the case that the left sees conservatism as an opposing view but as a completely unacceptable violent ideaology
- This could lead to violence, as progressives increasingly view our ideas as a threat
- Sound clip – Lisa Page not showing up for congressional subpoena
- Says she needs more time to review relevant documents.
- Special rules for her, we’d have a warrant out for our arrest.
- Might get arrested for contempt of Congress
- Joe Concha interview
- Shannon Breen mocked for feeling threatened at Supreme Court announcement
- Media is saying false, misleading and extremely reckless things.
- Sound clip – Rick Wilson on the cruelty of border separation, claims of racism
- Seems like all deep blue places are a total wreck
- The real reason people switched away from Dems is that their plans failed miserably.
- Remember how it was no longer possible to get to 3% growth?
- Borat somehow got away with a bunch of Muslim stereotypes
- Now Sacha Baron Cohen is making a new thing where he supposedly fakes being a disabled veteran
1.40.04 – Roll Call