0.13 – Summary: Some Republicans want to impeach Rosenstein, Trump having success in trade war; Left wants to rid the world of masculinity
- Sound clip: The House wants to impeach if they can’t get cooperation, FISA warrant was wildly out of bounds, Pelosi claiming that this is all a way to distract from Russia Collusion
- Everything Democrats don’t like is undermining our Democracy
- Two questions, is impeachment justified and is it politically wise?
- Impeachment is probably justified. If Trump order declassification and the DOJ refused we really don’t know what would happen. This constant refusal to bow to oversight is extremely reckless.
- The huge bureaucracy helps them to avoid accountability. Hard to pin down exactly who it is that is slow-rolling the disclosures.
- If Rosenstein threatened to go after members of Congress in retaliation for oversight, that definitely is worthy of impeachment.
- No clear definition for “high crimes and misdemeanors”.
- This all seems like it is motivated by a desire to protect the bureaucracy
- But would it be wise to do so?
- Trump’s resilience in the face of unprecedented attacks is pretty amazing
- Sound clip: Dershowitz saying that it’s a short-sighted move to impeach Rosenstein because it will justify the Democrats’ reasoning for impeaching Trump
- Buck disagrees with Dersh on why this should be avoided. Buck’s theory is that we don’t know that he would be replaced by anyone better
- Buck’s view is that the Dems will impeach Trump no matter what, so what does it matter?
- Historically we have impeached people for things much less serious than treason, many of which are not actually crimes.
- No reason to fire Mueller because he doesn’t have anything
- Facebook getting rocked left and right, largest single day loss of wealth from a stock in history
- Twitter getting hit for shadow banning – basically sorting search results so that conservatives don’t come up as high in results
- This is relevant because these platforms are changing media.
- Speaking of which NY Daily News is laying off a huge chunk of their staff and going all digital.
- Apparently journalists are calling for Fox News to get banned from Facebook
- Sound clip: Hecklers yelling at Sean Spicer at Barnes and Noble
- Someone destroyed Trump’s star, vandalized Betsy DeVos’s yacht
- Hard to remember any personal attacks against Obama officials
- Sound clip: Trump defending his timing of tariffs, argues it’s best to deal with trade problems when we’re in a position of strength; commentary on how Trump keeps doing what people tell him he can’t do
- The naysayers are making themselves look like fools every time they say you can’t do something, then he does and it works.
- Sound clip: People pointing out how Trump is getting it done on trade, response is that he has “damaged American leadership”
- This is a vague and meaningless accusation.
- Economists have a terrible track record so it’s not ridiculous to imagine someone who is good at business, even if he doesn’t agree with all the theories, might know what he’s doing.
- Sound clip: Wilbur Ross on why when the economy is doing well is when you should be willing to take some risks.
- Chinese are trying to influence our elections by setting their economic goals to hurt Trump in the midterms
- Sound clip: Trump on steel workers.
- Just because something is a little cheaper doesn’t mean that it’s the best option. There are at least trade-offs and its not clear how those will all balance out.
- Sound clip: 4.2% is expected GDP growth [ed: ended up being 4.1%]
- Obama created a hostile environment for business, so its not surprising that overturning regulation has boosted growth
- Sound clip: Trump pointing out the problems with trade and China
- Trump tweets are now being looked at by Mueller
- Obama didn’t say “fake news” but he definitely called people out for being “divisive”
- The deep state seems to be largely concentrated in the DOJ, who try to consider themselves a separate branch of government
- Feminists are seeking to destroy masculinity
- NY Times article on what feminists can do for boys (link)
- Supposedly misogynists are on the rise and boys are being told that women’s progress is their problem
- Feminism is a war on science and gender
- Cultural Marxism is the idea of categorizing everyone based on perceived oppression
- A lot of Feminism’s message is bad for women
- Author is taking shots at Jordan Peterson for reinforcing traditional gender roles
- The idea that there is no space for alternative male expression is utterly false. If anything traditional masculinity is getting edged out by youth culture
- Sound clip: Claiming that Trump is purposely creating distrust in institutions, disregarding the actions that the Trump administration is taking
- False to claim that Trump’s foreign policy is successful despite him
- Doesn’t matter what he says ultimately if his policies are good and effective
- Polar opposite of Obama who was very careful with his words but never did anything of consequence.
- Sound clip: Pompeo pointing out that we have been opposed to Russia in Ukraine in quantitative, verifiable ways
- Sound clip: Trump calling out media false narratives. Anderson Cooper claiming that this is a dictator-like thing, similar to 1984
- Leftists are calling for shutting down media they don’t like, then getting mad at Trump for saying “don’t believe everything you hear”
- Funny to hear Brian Williams being angry about someone calling the media liars.
- How many dictators have their entire media apparatus trying to take them down every day and throw their families in jail? Very few.
- Shark week is in decline.
- Only Great Whites are really all that interesting, so all the rest is just sort of boring
1.41.14 – Roll Call